Additionally, Water Main will also be installed at the Food Pantry between the Meter Station and the Pressure Adjusting Station. Strom sewer will also be installed on Maple Street between W. Division Street and W. North Street.
On Elm Street, between Bryn Mawr Avenue and E. North Street, the Contractor will excavate for new sidewalk on the east side of Elm Street and remove driveway aprons. On the West Side and at the intersection with Bryn Mawr Avenue, the Contractor will remove sidewalk, curb and driveway aprons, as required.
On Center Street, between Catalpa Avenue and N. Maple Street, the Contractor will remove sidewalk, curb and driveway aprons, as required.
On June 2, 2023, the Contractor will be connecting to a water main on Catalpa Avenue at W. Center Street. Northbound Catalpa Avenue will remain open, however, we encourage motorists to avoid traveling northbound on Catalpa Avenue on June 2nd and use Walnut Street to cross the METRA tracks.
Work is expected to occur on weekdays between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM and between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM on Saturday. Through traffic will be detoured around the work areas. We thank you for your patience.
During this work expect the following:
- All roads will be open to emergency vehicles.
- Tree removal and tree trimming will be done at various locations as required for construction of utilities and the proposed improvements. Trees removed will be replaced.
- Utility work (ComEd, NICOR, MCI, etc.) along the project area will be taking place throughout construction.
- Heavy Construction Equipment, material deliveries, material storage in parkways and construction noise will be present from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily and at times until dusk.
- The construction will create dust and debris. The Contractor will work to minimize the impacts.
- Access to driveways may be briefly interrupted.
- Workers will inform residents of driveway interruption prior to its occurrence.
- Temporary truck staging is expected on roadways and adjacent streets.
- Please Use CAUTION in around the construction site.
- The schedule is weather dependent.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Public Works at (630) 773-2455 or the field engineer, Mr. David Barnas of Robinson Engineering, Ltd., at (224) 723-8801.
Bloomingdale Road Reconstruction Project, IL 53 (Rohlwing Road) to Irving Park Road
The Roadway is open to two-way traffic. Aggregate stone shoulder and pavement markings need to be completed. Notice of the work will be sent when the schedule is available.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Public Works at (630) 773-2455 or the field engineer, Mr. Robert Borchering of Robinson Engineering, Ltd., at (708) 473-8068.