Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
With COVID still present in the community, all are encouraged to review public health guidance before participating in any Halloween activities. To help families celebrate safely, the Village recommends the following guidelines:
• Wash your hands before and after trick-or-treating
• Bring hand sanitizer to use before, during, and after trick-or-treating
• Stay home if you’re sick
• Bring a flashlight or glow sticks to help see and to be seen by drivers
• Decorate costumes and trick-or-treat bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors
• Carry a cell phone or team up with someone who has one. Keep the phone easily accessible and report any suspicious activity or incidents to the Itasca Police by calling 9-1-1
• Plan a safe route and avoid cutting through alleys, backyards, or unlit areas
• Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them
• Watch for cars that are turning or backing up
• Homes participating in trick-or-treating should turn ON their front porch/outdoor lights. If your home will not be handing out candy, please turn OFF your lights.
• Do not hand out candy if you are sick
• Wash hands often and consider wearing a mask
• Do not place candy in communal bowls, which could encourage congregating and contact with others