The following offices in the Village of Itasca are up for election on April 4, 2017:
• Village Clerk
• Village Trustee (3)
• Library Trustee (3)
Candidate nomination packets for the seats that will be on the ballot for the April 4, 2017, Consolidated Election are available for pickup in Itasca at Village Hall, 550 W. Irving Park Road starting September 20, 2016.
The filing period for nomination packets for these elected positions is December 12 through December 19, 2016. During the filing period, the Village Clerk's Office will accept nominating packets at Village Hall:
• Monday, December 12: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 pm
• Tuesday, December 13: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, December 14: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Thursday, December 15: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Friday, December 16: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Monday, December 19: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Village Hall is not open on Saturdays and Sundays; nomination packets will not be accepted at times when Village Hall is closed.
Candidate packets are provided as a courtesy of the Village Clerk’s Office. Each candidate is urged to seek legal counsel to determine individual requirements for running for elected office. For more information, including a link to the official 2017 Candidate’s Guide, visit the DuPage Election Commission website